Veach Baley Federal Building
MEP design services for upgrades to a chiller plant including the replacement of three reciprocating chillers in this federal office facility. The scope of this project included:
▪ The existing chillers served a National Climate Data Center and were inefficient and near the end of their useful life. The chillers rejected heat via a closed-loop with two air-cooled condensers per chiller.
▪ The new chillers feature Turbocor compressors and have a full load efficiency of 0.577 kW/ton.
▪ Increased reliability for support of critical system.
▪ Incorporation of variable speed pumping technology.
▪ Addition of a waterside economizer.
▪ 270,000 square feet.