University of North Carolina at Charlotte
Griffith Engineering has provided design services on more than a dozen projects on the UNC Charlotte campus. Our work includes the following:
BARNHARDT ACTIVITY CENTER
– Electrical engineering for the exterior wheelchair at the stairs outside the campus student activity center.
– MEP design for renovations to approximately 5,000 square feet of classroom and laboratory space in an engineering building.
– Plumbing design included solids interceptors for laboratory spaces.
– MEP engineering for renovations to all stairwells.
– Mechanical and plumbing design for renovation of portions of the 1st and 3rd floors housing classroom and administrative space.
– MEP engineering for renovations to this 11,000 square foot building. Work included full HVAC system replacement of an air-cooled chiller, multi-zone reheat system, and pneumatic controls. New system features include a variable air volume air handler and terminals, DDC controls, and chilled water.
– Electrical and plumbing design for a fire protection renovation of this high rise student residence hall.
– Electrical design for a life safety generator.
– MEP design for 10,000 square feet of classroom and laboratory space located in the engineering building.
– MEP/FP design for a fire laboratory located on the top floor. The scope required a new makeup air unit for this space.
– Electrical design to support a fire protection renovation in this high rise student residence hall.