Terry Sanford Federal Building & U.S. Courthouse
Griffith Engineering served as the prime consultant for two projects located in this eight story, ca. 1969 federal facility:
▪ Improvements and corrections related to several security deficiencies in and around the building:
– Eliminate and/or mitigate security deficiencies.
– Improve USMS security operations.
– Improve security and privacy for judges entering and moving about the building.
– Improve security for prisoners entering and being transported throughout the courthouse.
▪ Relocation of the U.S. Military Entrance Processing Station (MEPS) in the building:
– Provide contiguous space for the newly located MEPS.
– Coordinate entry into the new space with existing building circulation to minimize impact on existing tenants.
▪ $15,000,000 construction cost.