SunTrust Park and The Battery
Cobb County, GA
Electrical and lighting design services for lighting of surrounding parking lots, roadways, and site area lighting for SunTrust Park and The Battery, the new home of the Atlanta Braves and surrounding residential, retail, restaurants, and office buildings. The design included:
▪ Six power company service points.
▪ 216 lighting fixtures and poles with poured-in-place concrete bases.
▪ Energy efficient LED lighting fixtures with type 3 and type 5 distribution patterns installed on 15′ and 35′ aluminum poles.
▪ A photometric study determined minimum foot candle levels, mounting heights, quantity of fixtures, and spacing.
▪ Voltage drop calculations were performed to establish proper wire sizes.
▪ Service points including panelboards, lighting contactors, time switches, and photocells were provided for power distribution and lighting control.
▪ NEC Code compliant short-circuit analyses were performed to ensure that the power systems were safely protected