Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island Museum
New York, NY
An energy audit of the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island Museum, and recommendations for energy and utility cost reduction for both islands. These sites are owned and operated by the U.S. National Park Service, and some of the recommendations included:
▪ Variable primary pumping.
▪ Interior storm window inserts.
▪ Steam plant controls, insulation, and equipment upgrades.
▪ ASHRAE standard 62 .1 IAQ ventilation reduction.
▪ Installation of high efficiency chillers.
▪ Predicted annual energy savings of $200,000.