Savannah-Chatham County Public Schools
Energy efficiency audits of 50 schools and administrative buildings. The project scope included:
▪ Replacement of over 500 packaged units that were past their expected useful life, with new high efficiency models.
▪ Recommissioning of Savannah High School and the historic Savannah Arts Academy, cutting annual utility bills by 50%.
▪ The school system was able to recommission a number of outside air units that had been in disrepair, while still reducing energy consumption.
▪ 4,800,000 square feet.
▪ $1,550,000 total project cost.
▪ Annual savings provided by Griffith Engineering solutions included 15,800,000 kWh of electricity and 279,000 therms of natural gas.