Rowan Animal Clinic
In February 2012, a catastrophic fire destroyed Rowan Animal Clinic’s small rural facility. When contemplating replacement, the doctors wanted to maintain the original clinic’s simple, quaint and accessible nature. This new facility – an interpretation of a vernacular barn – provided that rural setting while emphasizing the technology that drives modern veterinary medicine.
The facility includes:
▪ 8 large and small animal treatment rooms.
▪ Dog and cat recovery rooms.
▪ 35 animal boarding kennel spaces.
▪ Surgery suite and surgery prep area.
▪ Pharmacy and controlled drug storage.
▪ Radiology/X-ray room.
▪ Retail area for the sale of pet nutrition products.
▪ Lobby/waiting/reception area.
▪ Office space.
▪ Support spaces including:
– IT room. – Laundry room.
– Breakroom. – Storage room.
▪ 8,850 square feet.
▪ Recipient of the 2014 Veterinary Economics Hospital Design Competition Merit Award.