Peachtree Summit Building
After the boiler serving this 31 story office building suffered a catastrophic failure, Griffith Engineering was commissioned by the GSA to redesign the plant. The project features include:
▪ A new rooftop boiler plant with a fiscally optimized condensing/ conventional hybrid setup.
▪ Integration of new boiler controls into the existing building automation system.
▪ Selected boilers were required to fit through doors and into elevators instead of requiring expensive cranes or helicopters for maintenance and replacement.
▪ Survey and repair of damage to the mechanical penthouse from the existing boiler explosion.
▪ An energy model was built with multiple alternatives to analyze the best financial option.
Since the plant went into operation, the facility has recognized $10,000 in annual natural gas savings.