▪ A preliminary energy audit to identify potential energy conservation measure opportunities and to determine the condition of existing systems serving campus buildings, including several historic structures.
▪ The following buildings were included in the audit:
– Upper Quad (Alumni, Schmidt, and Jacobs residence halls)
– Dempsey Residence Hall
– Phase II (new residence hall)
– Traer Hall (residence hall)
– Emerson Student Center
– Hearst Hall
– Lupton Hall
– Schmidt Center and Dorough Gym
– Goslin Hall
– Robinson Hall
– Conant Performing Arts Center
– North South Residence Hall
– Greek Row (6 buildings)
– Goodman Hall
▪ Energy conservation measures identified included:
– Chiller replacements.
– Window replacements.
– Replace pneumatic controls with DDC.
– Replace domestic hot water tank.
– Re-pipe boilers.
– Conversion of constant volume system to VAV.
– Installation of outside air louvers in basement.
– Verification of building pressurization.
– Rescheduling control system to match building use.
– Replace all T-12 lighting with T-8.
▪ 452,700 square feet.