McAlester Army Ammunition Plant
A part of the Joint Munitions Command, McAlester Army Ammunition Plant resides on 45,000 acres in the heart of Oklahoma an manufactures over 80,000 bombs each year for the U.S. Army. Griffith Engineering was part of the team tasked with reducing energy consumption base wide.
▪ Audit of manufacturing, storage and support facilities.
▪ Heavy emphasis on improving process steam production and distribution.
▪ Thermal imaging used to identify heat loss in the steam distribution system.
▪ Infrared heating in high bays, warehouses, and shops.
▪ New building automation controls.
▪ Produced financially feasible measures despite very low utility rates.
▪ Explosion proof equipment required.
▪ 2,000,000 square feet.
▪ $300,000 annual energy savings identified.