Mayland Community College
Spruce Pine, NC
MEP design services for multiple projects on this campus located in the Appalachian mountains of western North Carolina. Projects included the following:
▪ Removal of retired solar domestic hot water and heating system serving a classroom building and replacement with new heat pumps.
▪ Conversion of electric boiler to high efficiency gas boiler for water source heat pumps in multiple buildings.
▪ Replacement of electric water heater with instantaneous gas water heaters in multiple buildings.
▪ Replacement of a 25+ year old cooling tower.
▪ Modification of existing primary/secondary chilled water pumping systems to variable primary pumping in order to increase plant efficiency.