John A. Campbell United States Courthouse
Tasked by the GSA with reducing energy consumption and modernizing the mechanical systems serving this courthouse building, Griffith Engineering provided retrocommissioning and mechanical and electrical design services to a design/build contractor. The project scope included:
▪ Conversion from pneumatic to DDC control systems.
▪ Cooling tower retrofit.
▪ Variable primary chilled water system.
▪ Energy efficient motor improvements.
▪ Piping insulation improvements.
▪ Identified and repaired malfunctioning controls components with existing DDC.
Near the conclusion of the project, Griffith Engineering was retained to design a new air handler system for one floor of the building. We converted an aged multi-zone system to a modern VAV system.