J.C. Watts Federal Building
Griffith Engineering provided energy engineering and engineering design services to an energy services company focused on reducing energy consumption.
Located in downtown Frankfurt, the building houses offices and courts serving the eastern district of Kentucky.
The project included:
▪ Detailed auditing of existing equipment as no drawings or equipment counts were available from the owner.
▪ Control systems upgrades on boilers, chillers, and air handling equipment.
▪ VFD retrofits on a 100% outside air AHU, and installation of a building exhaust fan to control building pressure.
▪ Implementation of CO2-based ventilation control for all the air handling units.
▪ Replacement of existing pneumatic valves and actuators for DDC controls.
▪ Installation of remote monitoring station in the Louisville GSA offices.