Hugo L. Black United States Courthouse
Griffith Engineering conducted an energy audit of this nine story courthouse and annex for a local utility company in order to identify Energy Conservation Measures (ECMs). The ECMs identified include:
▪ Variable primary pumping.
▪ Controls upgrades and retrofits.
▪ ASHRAE Standard 62 upgrades on ventilation.
▪ Boiler improvements.
▪ High efficiency chillers installed.
▪ The building houses:
– 7 large federal courtrooms.
– 1 ceremonial courtroom.
– 4 magistrate courtrooms.
▪ 200,000 square feet.
▪ The audit identified more than $200,000 in annual energy savings.