Fort Irwin National Training Center
San Bernardino County, CA
An investment grade energy auditing services in support of a large national ESCO. Griffith Engineering self performed all audits and savings calculations, and reviewed all vendor generated lighting and water savings. The project features included:
▪ 174 buildings.
▪ Savings from this effort were needed to offset the cost of a new waste to energy plant.
▪ The base requested new centralized controls systems for 25+ buildings.
▪ Building utility metering was required in order to comply with federal mandates.
▪ Equipment retrofits, DCV, and improved pumping were included.
▪ This work led to Griffith Engineering providing professional services on Phase II of the project, which involved a new base-wide natural gas service to replace the current propane service.
▪ 2,200,000 square feet.
The effort identified $2,500,000 in annual energy and cost savings.