Federal Metropolitan Detention Centers
Los Angeles and San Diego, CA
Development of energy models of the federal Metropolitan Detention Centers in Los Angeles and San Diego.
▪ Models were developed using eQuest.
▪ Models were accurately entered as stacked split-level construction, as they were originally constructed.
▪ Worked closely with the client to develop and implement Energy Conservation Measures (ECMs) into the model.
▪ Created and adjusted baseline to account for recently installed equipment that was not represented in historical utility data.
▪ Approximately 900,000 square feet was modeled between the two buildings.
▪ Baseline models were calibrated to 2013 – 2015 utility consumption
▪ Energy conservation measures modeled included:
– variable flow hot water
– chiller and cooling tower replacement
– DDC controls for HVAC equipment
– Air handling unit replacement