Daikin America Plant
An energy audit of Daikin Chemical’s manufacturing plant identified myriad opportunities to reduce energy costs and consumption, and facilitate the replacement of aging HVAC equipment.
▪ Work included manufacturing and support facilities.
▪ Design of a new modular centralized chilled water plant to serve multiple buildings.
▪ Thermal imaging was used to identify heat loss in the steam system.
▪ Incorporated replacement of air handlers to capture energy savings potential.
▪ A solar PV array was developed with funding assistance from TVA rebates.
▪ $1,200,000 annual energy and maintenance savings identified.
▪ 500,000+ square feet.
Griffith Engineering served as both the prime energy engineer and engineering design consultant providing energy saving solutions.