Charles R. Jonas Federal Courthouse
A feasibility study for renovations in the courthouse building and new construction of an annex to be located adjacent to the courthouse.
▪ A 2016 Omnibus bill passed by Congress allocated funds for courthouse renovations.
▪ Interviews were performed with stakeholders to understand current and future (10 year plan) needs in the existing building and the future annex.
▪ Made recommendations for improvements to the Jonas federal courthouse building.
▪ The new annex features 8 courtrooms, arranged 2 per floor.
▪ Provided cost estimates to ensure that construction costs were kept in mind.
Griffith Engineering served as the prime design consultant to the GSA. Additional services including civil and structural engineering, architectural design, cost estimating, blast analysis and court planning services were provided by subconsultants to Griffith Engineering.