Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
Griffith Engineering assisted an Energy Services Company (ESCO) in the development to of an Energy Services Performance Contract (ESPC) for the CDC’s three campuses in Atlanta. The initial project consisted of a preliminary energy audit of 26 buildings in order to meet federal energy guidelines. An investment grade energy audit was developed based on the preliminary audits, including the energy measures to be pursued. The effort included:
▪ Performed an in-depth utility analysis to assist with utility allocations and benchmarking.
▪ Development of energy savings using Excel.
▪ The calculations used actual weather and matching utility data from 2015.
▪ Energy conservation measures analyzed included:
– Lighting retrofits.
– Energy recovery.
– Well water makeup.
– Chilled water pump optimization.
– Solar thermal water heating.
▪ 5,400,000 square feet.
▪ $1,377,000 annual energy savings identified.