Caldwell Community College & Technical Institute
A thorough site investigation, review of drawings of existing buildings and systems, and detailed energy models to assess the efficiency of the campus-wide heating and cooling systems, and to identify energy and cost savings opportunities. Griffith Engineering also provided data logging services to identify exact energy usage of key energy consuming systems. Some of the energy conservation measures identified include:
▪ Lighting retrofits in all buildings.
▪ Controls upgrade to provide tie-in to new DDC system, night setback, demand control ventilation, and airside economizer strategies.
▪ Removal of chiller plant waterside economizer (free cooling) system.
▪ Boiler retrofits including high-efficiency condensing boilers and steam to hot water upgrade.
▪ Equipment retrofits including conversion of dual-duct and multi-zone systems to variable air volume.
▪ Installation of variable speed cooling tower fans.
▪ Chilled water plant condenser water reset controls strategy.
▪ Removal of tertiary building chilled water pumps and revised primary/secondary pumping strategy.