Boisfeuillet Jones Atlanta Civic Center
Griffith Engineering’s portfolio of outstanding energy efficient design projects led to the firm being selected to lead the design effort for this pilot project of the Atlanta Better Buildings Challenge (Atlanta BBC). The Atlanta BBC’s goal is to reduce energy and water consumption by at east 20% in participating buildings across Atlanta by 2020. Renovations in this building included:
▪ Replacement of chilled water air handling units with packaged gas fired direct expansion (DX) rooftop units with variable frequency drives (VFDs), and relocation of an associated chiller.
▪ Installation of new direct digital control (DDC) packages.
▪ Replacement of 135kW electric water heaters replaced with gas water heaters.
▪ Retrofit and replacement of toilets, faucet aerators, and urinal flush valves.
▪ Lighting retrofit involving replacement of approximately 3,400 T12 lamps with T8 lamps, and replacement of incandescent and compact fluorescent lamps with LED bulbs.
▪ The project identified 2.9 million pounds annual reduction of CO2 emissions, and has resulted in 25% energy savings since 2009.
▪ 80,000 square feet.